Cutting Cable with an Android TV Box
So by now I’m sure you have read tons of articles about cutting your cable one way or the other. I’m sure you have read about buying a streaming device and paying $8-10 a month for Netflix or Hulu. While there is nothing wrong with going about it that way, you still have a cable bill of 8 or 10 dollars. Besides, who knows how long it will be until one or both of them decide to raise their prices or start charging extra for premium content. I can almost guarantee that this will happen in the near future.
So if you decide to go this route, not only will you still be paying for content but you will be paying for limited content. Not the wisest choice if you ask us. But what other options are there out there you ask? We can definitely help with that!
Cutting cable with an Android TV Box is definitely the best way to go about cutting your cable. But it is not a method that most people are familiar with because it’s fairly new and not publicized with millions of dollars of advertising.
So how does one go about cutting cable with an Android TV Box? What benefits are there to cutting your cable using the Android TV platform? I will break down how to use an Android TV Box to cut your cable and what all of the benefits are.
How to Cut your Cable with an Android TV Box?
Cutting cable with an Android TV Box is much simpler than you might think. It’s actually extremely easy to do. If you have a smart phone and are familiar with how apps work then you are a step ahead of the game. Cutting cable with an Android TV Box is just as easy as using an Android Phone or Tablet. The only difference is that the Phone or Tablet screen that you are used to is now being shown in HD on your TV screen.
Here are the step by step directions on how to cutting cable with an Android TV Box.
- Purchase a SkyStream Android TV Box.
- Plug the power supply into the wall.
- Connect the power supply into the back of the Android TV Box.
- Plug the provided HDMI cord into the back of your TV.
- Plug the HDMI cable into the back of your SkyStream Android TV Box.
- Turn your TV on and switch your video source until you find to which source the Android set top box is connected.
- Connect your SkyStream to the internet (10 MBPS or higher is recommended) with an Ethernet Cable (Hard Wired) or via WiFi (Wireless)
- Click on Kodi on your home screen and start searching for TV Shows, HD Movies, Live Sports and Live TV Streams.
- Click on what you want to watch and Enjoy!
- Call your cable company and tell them to take a hike!!!
That was pretty easy right?
Now that you are done you will have access to thousands of movies, TV shows, Live TV Streams and Live Sporting Events. Did we mention that your TV is now a smart TV with access to over 800,000 Android Apps?
Benefits of Cutting Cable with an Android TV Box
While I could go on for days about all of the benefits of cutting cable with an Android TV Box; I will keep it as brief as I can so you’re not stuck on this page reading for hours.
Below is a short list of some of the benefits of cutting cable with an Android TV Box.
- Unlimited content.
- Absolutely no monthly or yearly subscription costs.
- No $8-$10 a month fees like Netflix or Hulu.
- Access to thousands of HD movies, TV Shows, Live Sports, Live TV Streams that are updated daily!
- The best Kodi Addons preloaded onto your SkyStream.
- Hardware Acceleration / Hardware Decoding built in so HD movies and TV shows play flawlessly.
- Saving over $100 a month on your cable bill.
- Access to over 800,000 Android Apps from the Google Play Store.
- USB ports so you can load all of your favorite data onto the SkyStream (Photos, Music, Movies, Documents).
- Play tons of Android Games right on your TV.
- Surf the internet on your TV right from your couch.
- Update all of your social media accounts directly from your TV (Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Etc…).
- Binge watch all of your favorite shows with no worry about waiting for the latest season to be available on Netflix or Hulu.
- Not one single commercial.
- Save hundreds of dollars each year on movie tickets for you and your family.
- No need for a DVR as everything is on demand.
- No need to rent equipment from your cable provider and pay a fee each month.
- Watch International Live TV streams from around the world.
- Listen to music directly from your TV using any android music app.
As I stated previously, I could go on for days about all of the benefits of cutting cable with an Android TV Box but I will stop for the sake of time.
I’m pretty sure that you get the idea of why cutting cable with an Android TV Box is so much better than just buying a streaming set top box and paying for a streaming subscription.
When you turn your TV into an Android Tablet you have just turned your TV into a powerful internet connected smart TV that you can do whatever you want with. You have basically turned your TV into a computer.
People are sick of paying a ridiculously and ever growing monthly fee to watch cable and movies in their house, but most people have no idea how easy it is to cut cable with an Android TV Box and how many benefits it really gives you.
So take some time and review this article and read all of the benefits of cutting cable with an Android TV Box. Thousands of happy customers are already saving thousands of dollars a year Cutting Cable with a SkyStream Android TV Box.