Instructions below if you want to skip the explanation.
If you are having issues with the Updater app spinning, we have instructions that you can follow to install a new version of the updater which will work perfectly.
If you have already done the update and have the new Media Center app and Skin you do not need to do anything. This is only for people who have not done the update yet.
Here is an explanation as to what happened. Our updater talks to an intermediary server that tells our main server that there are updates and directs the Updater app to the links that the user clicks on. We learned during this update that our intermediary server has a limit on the amount of hits it will allow in a 30 minute period. Once this limit is reached it blocks any new hits until it resets. We have used this system since our updater was introduced and never run into this limit before.
The new Updater app version is located on a different intermediary server with no limits. So once everyone is on the latest version this will never happen again.
With that being said, The version of the Updater that is currently installed on your box is still pointing to the old server. So it will not update to the latest one until it can hit our old server and sees that there is a new version.
So if you can wait a little while for the amount of hits on our old server to slow down your updater will eventually update to the new version of the Updater app. We do reccomend waiting until the Updater app updates itself as it is the easiest way to do it.
But if you want to install the newest version immediately, we have provided instructions and links below.
1. Visit https://www.skystreamx.com/pages/downloads from your boxes browser
2. Click on SkystreamTV Updater App. Stay on the page for a few seconds.
3. Press the Home button on your remote
4. Click on All Apps or My Apps
5. Click on the App Installer App (Will be at the top of the apps)
6. Click on Local Disk
7. Let it load and then click on the Skystream Updater app. The app will be called v37-signed.apk
8. Click on Install and allow it to install
9. Follow the instructions in This Article
We are very sorry for this inconvenience