We have developed an updated firmware for all SkyStream Pro Models. Recently there was a change made in many applications DRM (Digital Rights Mananement) systems that prevented video playback. We have modified our firmware so that you can enjoy video content from these applications, plus many more. Sling TV, Youtube TV, Hulu TV, Vudu, Crackle, Google Play Movies, etc.
We have also fixed a rare issue where certain devices would lose internet connectivity when the user switched from Ethernet to Wi-Fi.
This is a not a mandatory firmware update. If you do not use any of these applications and have no plans on using them in the future, then there would be little point in doing this update. All of the apps that currently work on your SkyStream Pro will continue to work as they normally do.
This update is only for the SkyStream Pro and does not include any other models.
SkyStream Pro Firmware Update Instructions
1. Click on the App Drawer.
2. Click on the OTA App to open it. (Light Blue Icon)
3. Click down to highlight Choose the Update Style. A lighter blue color indicates it is highlighted. Click the Blue OK button on your remote to select it.
4. Make sure Online Update is selected and click on Ensure.
5. MAKE SURE THAT WIPE DATE AND WIPE MEDIA ARE BOTH ON!!! THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT AND NOT OPTIONAL. WE REPEAT THIS IS NOT OPTIONAL AND MAY DAMAGE YOUR DEVICE IS THESE ARE NOT TURNED ON!!!
6. Highlight Search and click the OK button on your remote control.
7. Highlight Download and click OK on your remote.
8. Allow the Update to download. Do not interrupt this process or power down your device during this time.
9. Once the update is done downloading, your device will validate the update. Do not interrupt this process!
10. MAKE SURE THAT WIPE DATE AND WIPE MEDIA ARE BOTH ON!!! THIS IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT AND NOT OPTIONAL. WE REPEAT THIS IS NOT OPTIONAL AND MAY DAMAGE YOUR DEVICE IS THESE ARE NOT TURNED ON!!!
11. Highlight the Update button and click OK on your remote control. This will start the update process. Your device will eventually reboot and begin installing the update. The time this takes may vary. DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR DEVICE OR TRY AND REBOOT AT ANY TIME DURING THIS PROCESS. THIS CAN DAMAGE YOUR DEVICE. ALLOW THE DEVICE TO DO ITS THING AND DON'T MESS WITH IT. WE CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH.
The boot time will be longer then normal. Once your box reboots you will be taken to the original set up screen as when you first turned it on.
12. Once your device boots to the home screen. A factory reset will need to be done to finalize the process. Scroll up to Settings and Click on it.
13. Scroll down and click on Droid Settings.
14. Scroll down and click on More Settings.
15. Scroll all of the way to the bottom and click on System.
16. Scroll all the way to the bottom and click on Reset Options.
17. Click on Erase all data (factory reset).
18. Click on Reset Device. Click OK if the device asks you if you want to erase everything on the box. The box will reset and will reboot.
Set it up as you did the first time and you will now have a fully updated firmware. Congratulations, your SkyStream Pro is now fully up to date!!!
We will continue to update the firmware for the SkyStream Pro's as needed to deliver to you the best streaming experience possible. Thank you for being part of our family and as always, Stream On! :)